The program is based on the work of Pia Mellody: ‘Breaking Free from Codependency’. Participants are supported to explore their childhood history of emotional, spiritual, intellectual, physical and sexual abuses and neglect, allowing them to create functional adult behaviour and healthy relationship patterns.
This program supports people with relationship issues and patterns of behavior in their interpersonal relationships and provides them with awareness around how their own childhood trauma has impacted on their current relationships. Our renowned clinicians will support group members with educational lectures, group therapy and experiential process work to learn how to manage and cope with uncomfortable emotions and create positive experiences and reduce emotional suffering.
Individuals in Recovery
Major Health Funds and Self Payment
At South Pacific Private we will be with you every step of the way
- Increase awareness of types of abuse and neglect and understand how this impacts childhood development, mental health and well-being
- Identify emotions and learn healthy expression
- Identify and increase awareness of personal defence mechanisms and coping strategies
- Understanding and developing healthy boundaries in relationships
- Understand Shame Binds and Trauma Bonds
- Learn healthy self-care routines
- Learn effective conflict resolution
- Learn healthy communication skills
Who is it for?
The program is specifically tailored for individuals who struggle with relationships and/or who have a family history of addiction, dysfunction and/or mental health issues.
- Do you have difficulty identifying what you are feeling?
- Do you minimise, alter or deny how you truly feel?
- Do you avoid emotional, physical, or sexual intimacy as a way to maintain distance?
- Do you use indirect or evasive communication to avoid conflict or confrontation?
- Do you feel panicked at the thought of other people’s disapproval?
- Do you find friendships and/or romantic relationships excessively painful and difficult?
Most major health funds will cover the Relational Recovery Program. Clients can claim via their private health fund, if sufficient hospital cover is held. Please note all funds have different rules. We accept self-funded payments.
The full cost of the program for self-funded is $250 per session and a light snack is included for onsite programs.
For more information please contact our Intake Team here and they can arrange a health fund check and determine any out-of-pocket excess or gap expenses.
How to get started
For clients completing their Inpatient treatment at South Pacific Private, clients will be referred into Relational Recovery Program by their treating Psychiatrist.
For ex-clients who have completed the Inpatient Program at South Pacific Private within 3 months, an assessment and psychiatric review if required will be arranged prior to the commencement of the program.
For new clients, please request a referral from your psychiatrist or GP. An assessment, if required will be arranged prior to the commencement of the program.