Do you have a loved one who is struggling with addiction? Are you feeling helpless, confused, angry or scared?
The Family Support Group has been designed to provide ongoing support and education to family members and loved ones of people experiencing addiction or in early stages of recovery.
The people closest to a person with addiction are often drawn into behaving in ways and doing things that they are conflicted and uncomfortable about. This is the addiction at work. The program helps family members to see how the addiction is impacting them and others in the family. Improving understanding and knowledge around addiction and mental health is empowering and freeing.
This group is facilitated by experienced and qualified therapists who offer support and education for family members and friends and provides a safe and non-judgmental environment where they can relate and share their own experiences and feelings with other group members who are experiencing the same feelings.
5 Day Workshop
Individuals in Recovery
Major Health Funds and Self-Payment
At South Pacific Private we will be with you every step of the way
- Shows you how to support a loved one on their journey to recovery
- Educates on the underlying causes of addiction and mental health disorders
- Explains the role of the family system and how it is intrinsic to the process of recovery
- Connects you to others with similar experiences, so you don’t feel alone
- Supports you in your own journey of healing
- Provides a snapshot of treatment options at South Pacific Private
- Develops communication and boundary setting skills
Who is it for?
This program is suitable for all people who have a loved one in active addiction and / or early recovery.
Please note: Completion of the one-day Family Education Day is highly recommended, however, we recognise that people’s life circumstances and responsibilities are different and this may not be possible.
This is a self-funded program. In person and online participation costs are $125 per person / session. Private sessions are set at $500 per family / session.
We also offer special packages that include Family Education Day (one day), Family Support Group (six weeks), and the Family Program (three days) with you and your loved one for $1350 / per person.
The Family Support Group Program is available:
- One evening per week in person for six weeks (7 to 9pm) *
- One evening per week online for six weeks (7 to 9pm)
Contact our intake team for a full list of days and times available.
How to get started
For family and friends who currently have a loved one in treatment at South Pacific Private – our family support team will contact you within 24 hours to discuss the program once consent to contact is established with your loved one.
For clients and family and friends new to South Pacific Private please contact our intake team here.