The Mastering Moods and Anxiety Program explores depression and anxiety and introduces clients to evidence-based coping skills to manage their moods and anxiety in order to cope with everyday life in a more functional and productive way. Participants will also come to understand their symptoms through processing childhood issues and unresolved trauma.
Clients are encouraged to understand and express their emotions and share their inner dialogue to uncover their vulnerabilities within the safety of the group.
Many individuals experience depression, bipolar and / or anxiety and feel as though no one understands them. This is an opportunity to build a community of support and under the guidance of our experienced and qualified therapists.
This program is facilitated by qualified and experienced clinicians who provide a wealth of knowledge and support in mental health recovery.
Full and Half Day Available
In Person or Online
Individuals in Recovery
Major Health Funds and Self Payment
At South Pacific Private we will be with you every step of the way
- Education on the causes of depression, anxiety and bipolar disorder
- Proven self-management techniques drawn from Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Dialectical Behavioural Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, and mindfulness and self-care
- Learning how to deal with unhealthy resentment and fear, and how to acknowledge strengths and resilience
- Recognise codependent and dysfunctional relationship patterns, and how to deal with them
- Address unresolved trauma or childhood experiences
- Knowledge and motivation of how to structure your daily routine
- Ability to challenge unhelpful thinking patterns
- Develop confidence and self-esteem
Who is it for?
The program is specifically tailored for individuals who have been diagnosed with depression, bipolar or anxiety disorders. You do not need to have completed our three-week inpatient program.
Most major health funds will cover the Mastering Moods and Anxiety Program. Clients can claim via their private health fund if sufficient hospital cover is held. Please note all funds have different rules. We accept self-funded payments.
The full cost of the program for self-funded is $350 per session for the full-day program and includes morning tea and lunch. The half-day program and online programs are $250 per session and a light snack is included for onsite programs.
The Mastering Moods and Anxiety Program is available:
- In person, one session per week full day for eight weeks
- In person, one session per week evenings for eight weeks
- Online, one session per week for eight weeks (day and evening options available)
Contact our Intake team here for a full of list days and times available.
How to get started
Clients completing their inpatient treatment at South Pacific will be referred into the Mastering Moods and Anxiety Program by their treating psychiatrist.
For ex-clients who have completed the inpatient program within three months, an assessment and psychiatric review, if required, will be arranged prior to the commencement of the program.
For new clients, please request a referral from your psychiatrist or GP. An assessment, if required, will be arranged prior to the commencement of the program.