About The Program
Changes I is South Pacific Private’s signature workshop and is what sets us apart from other treatment centres in the country.
The Changes I Program is a key part of our inpatient program and is now also offered as a standalone inpatient workshop for individuals who are in recovery and wanting to dive deeper.
This Trauma-informed program uses Pia Mellody’s Model of Developmental Immaturity and is an experiential process group which incorperates group therapy, education and process work. It is facilitated by our renowned, formally trained clinicians.
In a safe and compassionate environment you will get the opportunity to explore childhood relational trauma, to process, honour and release the painful feelings that are holding you back from embracing your full potential and moving forward in your recovery.
At South Pacific Private We Will Be With You Every Step Of The Way
Over the course of the five days you will:
- Understand your childhood and how it impacts your development, health and well-being now
- Resolve grief and anguish from past experiences
- Recognise your emotions and learn ways to express them appropriately
- Identify and increase awareness of your personal trauma history
- Identify and increase awareness of your defence mechanisms and coping strategies
- Understand the importance of boundaries in relationships with others and yourself
- Develop boundary-setting skills.
- Learn healthy ways of relating to others
- Learn how to re-parent yourself
- Investigate the origins of adult dysfunctional behaviour and increase functional adult behaviour
Who Is It For?
The program is specifically tailored to individuals who have struggled with life, relationships and finding joy. This unique program has been designed for participants to learn how to manage relational difficulties, behaviours and explore the underlying causes that fuel addictions and mental health conditions.
- Do you continue to relapse into old behaviours or addictions?
- Do you have unresolved feelings of pain, anger, shame, guilt, loneliness and fear?
- Do you have childhood wounds that won’t heal?
- Do you continue to do the same things in relationships and feel overwhelmed or defeated?
If you relate to these questions, then this program is designed for you.
Most major health funds will cover the Changes I Program. Clients can claim via their private health fund, if sufficient hospital cover is held. Please note all funds have different rules. We accept self-funded payments.
The full cost of the program for self-funded clients is $350 per day.
For more information please contact our Intake Team here and they can arrange a health fund check and determine any out-of-pocket excess or gap fees.
The workshop is a five-day intensive Inpatient group running Monday through Friday.
How To Get Started
Clients completing their inpatient treatment at South Pacific may be referred into the Changes I Workshop as part of the inpatient program.
For ex-clients who have completed the inpatient program at South Pacific within three months, an assessment and psychiatric review, if required, will be arranged prior to the commencement of the program.
For clients new to South Pacific Private, please call us on 1800 063 332. An assessment, if required, will be arranged prior to the commencement of the program.