Available as part of ourCore Program
It Can Be Daunting To Admit For Residential Treatment
Choosing to enter inpatient treatment for mental health or addiction concerns is a life-changing experience. Whether it’s the first time or something you’re familiar with, it’s normal to be anxious about starting treatment or beginning a detox, but knowing what to expect can help.
At South Pacific Private We Will Be With You Every Step Of The Way
About The Program
The Inpatient Program is the first stage of treatment and will immerse you in an intensive therapeutic program designed to address the problematic behaviours, attitudes and feelings that have led to your current situation. The program supports you to gain insights to the problems as well as to the changes required to get your life back on track effectively and quickly.
Each day you are in treatment you will be supported by a strong community of peers and a dedicated multi-disciplinary team of experienced professionals, doctors, nurses and therapists – all of whom are dedicated to helping you achieve a great outcome.
Your stay consists of and includes access to:
- Onsite drug and alcohol detoxification
- Onsite supported withdrawal from behavioural addictions (i.e. gambling, sex, love, gaming or device addiction)
- Individualised treatment plans tailored to the unique needs of each client
- A personal, dedicated multi-disciplinary support (MDS) team led by a psychiatrist along with experienced GPs, nursing staff, counsellors, psychotherapists, psychologists and case workers
- 24-hour access nursing support
- 4.5 hours per day of intensive interpersonal group psychotherapy
- Educational lectures
- Internal and external 12-step programs
- Yoga, mindfulness, drumming, daily beachwalks, art therapy
- Mindful Eating Program
- Changes I Program
- Family Program
Our educational lecture series includes these topics:
- Understanding Feelings
- Understanding Addiction
- Processing Grief
- Understanding Love Addiction/Love Avoidance
- Healthy Relationships
- Healthy Sexuality
- Depression and Anxiety
- Developing Self-Esteem
- Understanding Abuse and Trauma
- Cultivating a Calm Mind
- Understanding Codependency
- Working with the 12-steps
- Spirituality and Connection
- Pia Mellody’s Model of Developmental Immaturity
- Karpman’s Triangle
- Developing a Self-Care Plan for Post Treatment
A Typical Day
Each day begins with a beach walk along beautiful Curl Curl Beach, or with a yoga class.
The community meetings are managed by one of the clients and are an opportunity to check-in with yourself and others.
Most mornings will include a lecture designed to support your treatment on topics including addiction, family systems, grief, well-being, depression, anxiety and relationships.
10:15am – 12:00pm
A core component of treatment is group therapy. In your primary group you will work through a structured treatment program with the support of your therapist and the others in your group.
Most afternoons will include a lecture designed to support your treatment on topics including addiction, family systems, grief, well-being, depression, anxiety and relationships.
Once a week the community will break into smaller groups that focus on specific aspects of recovery. You are assigned a group that’s specific to your needs.
2:15pm – 4:00pm
In the afternoon you meet again and spend time with your core therapy group and dedicated therapist to continue exploring and working to your tailored program.
Every evening clients meet together in their primary groups to reflect on the days therapeutic offerings and what they have learned and what is their take-home message.
In the evenings you have the opportunity to attend 12-step meetings (such as AA) workshops or other activities.
Supper and Time for Reading / Homework and Reflection
This is a great opportunity to wind down from the day and create some space to be present. It’s also a great supportive tool for your ongoing self-care.