South Pacific Private is Australia’s leading treatment centre for addiction. We recognise that completing a residential rehabilitation program or putting down the substance or stopping the behaviour is an amazing achievement! We also know how important it is that a person receives ongoing care and support to break the addiction cycle in early recovery and continue on their road to abstinence.
The Relapse Prevention Program is designed to assist participants to navigate their recovery and provides them with the tools, education and ongoing accountability to prevent potential relapses and/or assist those who have relapsed into recommitting to their program with the support of others.
This program is facilitated by qualified and experienced clinicians who provide a wealth of knowledge and support in addiction recovery.
Full and Half Day Available
In Person or Online
Individuals in Recovery
Major Health Funds and Self Payment
At South Pacific Private we will be with you every step of the way
- Help reduce denial, process ambivalence, and facilitate acceptance of addictive process
- Increase motivation for sobriety and other changes
- Address the emotional issues, unresolved trauma or childhood experiences that often accompany addictive processes (e.g., anxiety, depression, hostility, abuse, neglect, lack of nurturing)
- Increase the capacity to recognise, anticipate, and cope with situations that may precipitate a lapse or relapse
- Meet the intense needs of addicts for social acceptance, approval and support
Who is it for?
The program is suitable for people with chemical and behavioural addictions and who are currently in early recovery and are not actively engaging in their addictive processes. These addictions include:
- Prescription Medications
- Devices, Social Media and Gaming
- Disordered Eating
Most major health funds will cover the Relapse Prevention Program. Clients can claim via their private health fund if sufficient hospital cover is held. Please note all funds have different rules. We accept self-funded payments.
The full cost of the program for self-funded is $350 per session for the full-day program and includes morning tea and lunch. The half-day program and online programs are $250 per session and a light snack is included for onsite programs.
For more information please contact our Intake Team here and they can arrange a health fund check and determine if there are any out-of-pocket excess or gap expenses.
The Relapse Prevention Program is available:
- In person, one session per week full day for eight weeks
- In person, one session per week evenings for eight weeks
- Online, one session per week for eight weeks (day and evening options available)
Contact our Intake Team here for a full list of days and times available.
How to get started
Clients completing their inpatient treatment at South Pacific will be referred into the Relapse Prevention Program by their treating psychiatrist.
For ex-clients who have completed the inpatient program within three months, an assessment and psychiatric review, if required, will be arranged prior to the commencement of the program.
For new clients, please request a referral from your psychiatrist or GP. An assessment, if required, will be arranged prior to the commencement of the program.