Client Treatment Pathways
Treatment Pathway One
South Pacific Private offers the most comprehensive treatment for addiction and mental health issues within Australia. South Pacific Private’s program is backed by all the latest research into the dual diagnosis treatment of addiction, trauma and other underlying mental health disorders.
Our state of the art of the multi-tiered program includes an abstinence-based intensive inpatient stay. This consists of and includes access to:
- Onsite drug and alcohol detoxification
- Onsite supported withdrawal from behavioural addictions (i.e., gambling, sex addiction, love addiction, gaming and internet addiction)
- Individualised treatment plans tailored to the unique needs of each client,
led by their South Pacific Private accredited treating psychiatrist
- A personal dedicated multi-disciplinary support (MDS) team lead by a South Pacific Private accredited psychiatrist along with experienced GPs, nursing staff, counsellors, psychotherapists and psychologists and caseworkers
- Psychiatric and medical interventions
- 24 hour access to nursing support
- Trauma-Informed Framework through the Model of Developmental Immaturity and Trauma-Informed Clinicians
- Primary inpatient program: consisting of 4.5 hours per day of intensive interpersonal group psychotherapy. Led by a team of experienced therapists who draw on the therapeutic modalities of CBT, DBT, IPT, Gestalt, Psychodynamic, Schema, Somatic
- Experiencing, Sensorimotor and Transactional Analysis Psychotherapies.
- Internal and external 12-step programs
- Mindfulness instructions
- Yoga, WAYAPA, drumming, daily beach walks
- Changes 1 Program
- Family Program
- Transitions Program
- Wellness Eating Program
Day Programs and Continuing Care
South Pacific Private recognises the deceptive and degenerative nature of the disease of addiction and transgenerational trauma through the cycles of relapse. We run dedicated evidence based day programs in response to this cycle of relapse, which provides clients with the tools to create a functional lifestyle when they leave inpatient treatment.
Using the Stages of Change Model, we also acknowledge how difficult and daunting it can be for individuals to accept they have an issue and seek treatment for it. Whether that be an issue with an addictive process, trauma-related issues, emotional dysregulation, depression, anxiety or relationship difficulties, we offer outpatient programs to suit their individual needs.
All our programs are facilitated by our team of registered therapists who have had specific training and expertise delivering our group therapy programs. Our therapists also draw on the therapeutic modalities of CBT, DBT, IPT, Gestalt, Psychodynamic, Schema, Somatic Experiencing, Sensorimotor and Transactional Analysis Psychotherapies.
Our Day Programs Include:
- Transitions (Can only be accessed once the inpatient program has been completed)
- Mastering Moods and Anxiety
- Relapse Prevention
- Resolutions - Closed Trauma Program
- Women's Relationships in Recovery Program
- Men's Sex Addiction and Recovery Program
- Strengths and Resilience Program
- Life Skills Program
- Relational Recovery
- LGBTIQA+ Intimacy and Sex Addiction Recovery Program
Treatment Pathway Three
These programs are catered to the needs of each individual and their family members to provide them with the support and education to empower them to break free of unhealthy cycles and patterns of addiction and mental health issues.
South Pacific Private’s day programs are designed to provide ongoing support for people in Australia and New Zealand who require clinical support in a group and individual setting which allows them the space to continue to work their recovery while in their everyday routine. They are also offered to clients who have completed both their South Pacific Private inpatient program and Transitions Day programs as part of their Continuing Care Plan.
Our online programs include:
Treatment Pathway Four
Continuing Education and Workshops
South Pacific Private recognises that recovery for any addiction and all mental health conditions is a life-long journey. We run dedicated evidence-based intensive workshops and continuing education programs, which provide clients and their family members with new learnings, tools and practices to better support themselves, and their loved ones.
Our continuing education and workshops include:
- Changes I
- Changes II
- Family Education Day
- Family Support Group
- Family Program
- Parents and Children's Program