At South Pacific Private, we understand that watching a person you love struggle with addiction or mental health issues can be both painful and confusing.
Our Family Education Day is designed to start to equip you with the tools and strategies you need to recognise addiction and mental health issues, set clear and effective boundaries and communicate effectively with your loved one.
South Pacific Private is Australia’s only treatment center to integrate a dedicated family program within our treatment plans. We recognise that repairing, restoring and healing our most intimate and important relationships is critical for lasting success.
In Person or online
Families and Loved Ones
Self-Payment, Private Sessions Available
At South Pacific
we will be with you every step of the way
Who is it for?
This program is open to everybody: Whether your loved one is currently in treatment at South Pacific Private, or you're trying to support your loved ones into treatment, or you're just realising that addiction may be a problem for a loved one, or even if you've tried everything to help but to no avail. If you identify with one of these situations, this course is designed to help.
- Shows you how to support a loved one on their journey to recovery
- Educates on the underlying causes of addiction and mental health disorders
- Explains the role of the family system and how it is intrinsic to the process of Recovery
- Connects you to others with similar experiences, so you don’t feel alone
- Teaches you effective techniques for communication
- Supports you in your own journey of healing
- Provides a snapshot of treatment options at South Pacific Private
This is a self-funded program. In person and online participation costs come to $300 per person. Private sessions are set at $1,500 per family.
For more information please contact our Intake Team here.
The Family Education Day is available:
- One full-day program in person (10 to 4pm)*
- One full-day program online (10 to 4pm)
- One full-day program as a private, bespoke session for only your family
Contact our Intake Team here for a full list days and times available.
* Due to Covid we are currently only offering this group online.
How to get started
For family and friends who currently have a loved one in treatment at South Pacific Private – our family support team will contact you within 24 hours to discuss the program once consent to contact is established with your loved one.
For clients and family and friends new to South Pacific Private, please contact our Intake Team here.