At South Pacific Private, we understand that watching a person you love struggle with addiction or mental health issues can be both painful and confusing.
Our Family Education Day is designed to start to equip you with the tools and strategies you need to recognise addiction and mental health issues, set clear and effective boundaries and communicate effectively with your loved one.
South Pacific Private is Australia’s only treatment centre to integrate a dedicated family program within our treatment plans. We recognise that repairing, restoring and healing our most intimate and important relationships is critical for lasting success.
Families and Loved Ones
Self-Payment Private Sessions Available
At South Pacific Private we will be with you every step of the way
Who is it for?
This program is open to everybody: Whether your loved one is currently in treatment, or you're trying to support a loved one into treatment, or you are just realising that addiction may be a problem – or if you've tried everything to help without success.
- Shows you how to support a loved one on their journey to recovery
- Educates on the underlying causes of addiction and mental health disorders
- Explains the role of the family system and how it is intrinsic to the process of recovery
- Connects you to others with similar experiences, so you don’t feel alone
- Teaches you effective techniques for communication
- Supports you in your own journey of healing
- Provides a snapshot of treatment options at South Pacific Private
The Family Education Day is available:
- One full day program online (10am to 4pm)
- One full day program as a private, bespoke session for only your family
Contact our Intake team here for a full list days and times available.
How to get started
For family and friends who currently have a loved one in treatment at South Pacific Private – our family support team will contact you within 24 hours to discuss the program once consent to contact is established with your loved one.
For clients and family and friends new to South Pacific Private please contact our Intake Team here.