Available as part of ourWorkshops
About The Program
The Changes III Workshop is offered as part of our continuing care
suite of programs. This experiential workshop uses Pia Mellody’s trail blazing work
on Love Addiction and attachment theory. The workshop incorporates group therapy,
education and process work. All facilitated by our renowned, formally trained clinicians.
In a safe and compassionate environment you will get the opportunity to explore the
impact of your early childhood attachments and/or relational trauma on the development
and sustainability of healthy adult relationships. You will uncover what has been holding
you back from true interdependence, healthy intimacy and attachments.
At South Pacific Private We Will Be With You Every Step Of The Way
Over the course of the 5 days you will:
- Understand the development of intimacy disorders
- Address the destructive cycles of love addiction and love avoidance
- Understand your childhood and how it impacts your relationships today
- Resolve grief and anguish from past experiences
- Identify and increase awareness of your personal trauma history
- Understand the importance of boundaries in relationship with others and yourself
- Learn healthy ways of relating to others
- Learn how to re-parent yourself
Who Is It For?
The program is specifically tailored to for individuals who are in recovery and are ready to do some deeper more personal work. Completion of Changes I and Changes II is highly recommended.
- When you first meet a partner do you feel as though they are too good to be true or like the person that you have always dreamed of?
- Do you feel empty and lonely when you are not in a relationship or in romantic intrigue?
- Do you ever find yourself in relationships you are unable to leave?
- Do you avoid intimacy out of fear of being smothered?
- Do you return or enter into relationships out of guilt or duty?
- Do you often attract needy people?
Most major health funds will cover the Changes III Workshop. Clients can claim via their private health fund, if sufficient hospital cover is held. Please note all funds have different rules. We accept self-funded payments.
The full cost of the program for self-funded clients is $350 per day and includes morning tea and lunch.
For more information please contact our Intake Team here and they can arrange a health fund check and determine any out-of-pocket excess or gap fees.
The workshop is a five-day intensive group running Monday through Friday from 9am – 4 pm.
How To Get Started
Please note it is a prerequisite for clients to complete Changes I at South Pacific Private before attending the Changes III Workshop.
For ex-clients who have completed Changes I at South Pacific within three months, an assessment and psychiatric review, if required, will be arranged prior to the commencement of the program.
For clients new to South Pacific Private, please call us on 1800 063 332. An assessment, if
required, will be arranged prior to the commencement of the program.